Sunday, June 26, 2011

Paula Deen wouldn't eat this!

Week 4 ~ I am down 8 lbs after (4) weeks of hardcore exercise every morning and eating more healthy than I ever have in my life. However, at this point I have decided that I need a personal chef.

Cooking meals like this is becoming a full time job and I already have like 5 other full time jobs!
(NONE of them are glamorous)

CONFESSION:
I am an self induced idiot when it comes to cooking at the Harty house. For the last three years or so, I have made THREE separate meals for most meals each week. There is a semi healthy meal for me, a meat and potatoes meal for Jim, and grilled cheese and hotdogs for the kids for example.

Blah, blah, blah....to all you mothers who say, "Oh I would NEVER do that!" Well the joke is on you. All good mothers (and fathers) have made these types of concessions in one way or another. Some parents let their children stay out late, some let their children listen to crazy music (like those weird rappers that talk about jacking and killing the Po Po), some parents let their children post horrific things on FB, and some parents even let their children eat dog poop they have found on the ground. While I don't do any of the aforementioned things, I choose to make 27 different meals a day. It is just easier for some insane reason.

So my advice to all you naysayers of my marathon cooking habits is to NEVER say never. All I know is that Paul Deen wouldn't touch half the crap that I have been eating with a taxidermy rattlesnake stretched out to it's fullest length while she stood on a stool on the other side of the room! I am now stuck with recipes from that self righteous jerk Bob Greene who has probably never struggled with his weight in his life. I guess I am at the perhaps angry stage of this journey where I feel like telling Bob Greene to take his celery sticks and blanched peas and shove them up his nose with a rubber hose.

1 comment: