Thursday, June 9, 2011

Slim Shady where are you?

Week 2 ~ Well this week was just a bit easier already even with a minor back muscle pull and some soreness in my neck. These have always been weak areas for me since my multiple car accidents many years ago. However some good 'ol Biofreeze, ice/heat, and some prayer took care of the soreness. (None of the aforementioned accidents were my fault by the way, but I have had to live with the consequences of those mishaps for 20 years. So drive carefully people and don't text and drive! ;)

I was having trouble finding the right music to work out to so I enlisted the assistance of my fitness expert, Jared Novak my brother. He went from looking "fluffy and unhealthy" to being the picture of health and has stayed that way for the last 10 years or so. Therefore, I thought he would be a good resource. He helped me set up my new MP3 player so that I would have better music than flipping through the stations of my old school headset radio. I got tired of listening to the constant commercials for sleazy lawyers, debt reduction services, and crude shock jock morning host jokes.

Jared loaded a lot of Christian rock and rap music that will be a good addition to my workout routine, but I am still searching for the right music to really make me fly. I have learned that I need a diverse selection of music and it ALL has to be upbeat and inspiring to me. Now when I say inspiring...I don't mean spiritually inspiring. I mean inspiring in that I want to climb Mount Kilimanjaro or inspiring in that I could and would beat down an intruder to my home that outweighs me by 100 pounds. I have found a few songs that make me feel this way and I am still looking for more.

Sabotage ~Beastie Boys
Come Sail Away ~ Styx
We are the champions ~ Queen
Eye of the tiger ~ Survivor (I know this one is SO cheesy and cliche but I love it)

So what are your favs? Message me on FB to let me know. I need motivation now more than ever BECAUSE...when I weighed myself for this week...(I thought surely I had lost at least 5 pounds) the evil Publix scale said that I had lost......drum roll please......ZERO! Nothing! Freaking Zilch! I know..I know...blah blah blah I am building muscle, but I wanted to see that number go down after ONE HOUR workouts every single day and eating perfect for a whole week. I better see something next week or I am going to grab my pocket knife and start carving at myself like a Christmas ham!

1 comment:

  1. Keri you know the scale is only the numbers and muscle is so much more than fat that it replaces, take it one day at a time and maybe workout every other day to avoid the neck and muscle problems you also want to be healthy remember! You can do it you have all the tools and more like your Mom said I never believed this either when grandma said it to me so years ago but now I sure do with not feeling well and being a scarecrow. I love the blog and you.

    ReplyDelete