Friday, June 3, 2011

Rubber legs, sick stomach, and blood

Day 7 ~ Well I made it a WHOLE week and I did not die. See... this is truly a surprise to me as I was sure that if my heart rate ever exceeded it's maximum resting pace for more than 1 minute, I would surely as the world turns...have a heart attack or stroke. Or I would be like one of those "World's dumbest criminals" where they run down the street away from the police with their pants hanging around their ankles and end up head first in a garbage pail in an alley. So I went outside in my neighborhood which I call the "hood" and I was not abducted or robbed by criminals, the 765 pitbulls that live within one square mile of my house did not maul me, and most importantly...I did NOT fail.

However, yesterday after my workout was the first time that I truly felt sick again since the beginning. Ya know way back on Day 1 and Day 2. By the time I went to take my shower, my legs and arms were so limp that I was swiping at my legs to shave them. You ask why did I shave my legs if I was so tired? Well, I had a meeting yesterday morning with the very same guidance counselors and kindergarten teachers that called me to schedule John's Kindergarten Assessment the few days before when I sounded like I had just completed a night at the Hog's Breath Saloon in Key West due to the encrusted Quaker Oatmeal face mask that was cemented on my face. Therefore, I took great strides to ensure that I was clean, dressed professionally (skirt & pearls), and that my hair looked super fresh. After I took an hour to get ready I went to pick up John at Pre-K and we went to the elementary school for his assessment. I was greeted by the office staff and the counselors and then off they went with John for his assessment. While I was waiting I knew that Grace would be in the cafeteria eating, so I decided that since I looked so great I would go in there and say hello to my daughter. During my whole visit to the school I kept noticing that many people were looking down towards my legs and feet. I simply thought that they were either #1 looking at my newly firmed calves, or #2 looking at my fresh sparkly sandals. John's assessment went great and we came directly home to have lunch. As I was removing my professional clothes and commending myself for looking so great for my meeting with John's counselors and teachers, I too looked down at my legs to see quite a horrific sight. I guess while I was wildly swiping at my legs with a dull blade in the shower an hour earlier, I must have taken quite a chunk out of the back of my ankle because the ENTIRE back of my ankle and foot was covered in dry blood! It looked like I had walked through a C.S.I. crime scene in my bare feet! No wonder the counselors kept looking down! Good God! Again...they probably thought I tried to shave under the influence and didn't even know that I cut myself. I wonder that they will write on their papers. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment